**New Maverick ET-733 set to release soon........

Yeah, until my 732 dies, I just don't see the need to poop-can this one to upgrade. I just wish they were about a year earlier with this 733.

I'm in the market for either the ET-732 or ET-733. Does anyone have an opinion on which one I should get? I was actually about to order the 732 when I saw the 733 announcement. I can see the additions of the easier alarms, and the ability to monitor both probes for food/smoker or 1 for each. Does anyone else see any benefit to the 733? I know the 732 is tested and trusted, so I was leaning towards.

I am looking to get 6 foot probes, so instead of getting them for my ET-73, I'd like to get one of the newer models, and get the hybrid probes. The additional wireless distance is an important factor for me.

I would have thought there were more maverick fans out there. Everyone must be happy with the 732. Mines been good so far. Still on the original batteries after a LOT of hours.

Me too. Compared to what I have read, I still have the original batteries mind you I don't have mine on constantly now that I am familiar with what I'm doing I've started turning it off and checking it once in awhile. Like for HH brisket up until 4 hours into the cook it will be off most of the time then on to watch for 165. Same with butts.

hmmm should i wait or just pull the trigger on the 732?
I'd wait as its only 2 wk. My food probe only works sporadically now. Never wet but probably kinked once or twice with the lid. Doing the slot mod in anticipation of the replacement probe.

Lasted 2 yr. Replacement on the way from amazen.

Hopefully the 733 cords are stronger.

i ordered mine through amazon and used it for a ride this weekend. pretty cool. seemed pretty consistent with the wsm lid in terms of cook temp and fairly close to the reads of cheap meat thermometer. im a fan.

I just purchased one today as I heard good things about the 732. Hopefully it will work well for me as I really like the wireless function. I turn my WSM door upside down and run my prob wires through the small holes in the corners. So far that has worked well for my current thermometer prob wires.

I
I'd wait as its only 2 wk. My food probe only works sporadically now. Never wet but probably kinked once or twice with the lid. Doing the slot mod in anticipation of the replacement probe.

Lasted 2 yr. Replacement on the way from amazen.

Hopefully the 733 cords are stronger.

Can you tell me what slot mod you are talking about? I just ordered the 733 and I would prefer to not kink the cords in the lid.

THanks

Can you tell me what slot mod you are talking about? I just ordered the 733 and I would prefer to not kink the cords in the lid.

THanks

Hi Paul,

I just picked up the 733 a few weeks ago and used it on one of my 22.5 OTG. I did drill a hole and put in a piece of hollow threaded lamp tube on a tip from someone else in the forum. It worked beautifully!

THanks

Paul. Here is link to a discussion on it:
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?46655-Cutting-a-notch-in-top-of-smoker

Here is one based on 18.5 version but its the same kind of notch on 22
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?37566-Cutting-Notch-in-18-5-WSM

If you want to do eyelets on the DIY this works great and I did it to both of mine.
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?7581-Make-your-own-eyelets-grommets-for-under-5&highlight=eyelets

Hope it helps

Last edited:

Back