Baby back ribs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark B.

Hey Jamie, first of all, let me say that your books are top notch. Actually, the Real Grilling book along with the others are completely falling apart because of use. My wife also loves the recipes. I wondered if they (publisher)ever thought about using spiral binders?

Anyway, I tried your Baby Back rub (Real Grilling) with just a rack in my WSM. It was four hour's later and they still weren't done. Because the family was starving, I took them off and had dinner. Flavor was great...but not tender. I cooked them at 250 degrees all the way through the cook. Wondered if you could give me some hints about what to try next time. I like the ribs to be almost fall off the bone tender. I'll stick with the rub, I just added some paprika and cayenne along with your suggested ingredients. Thanks again!!

Thanks, Mark. It's great to hear that you and your wife have been enjoying my work. I'll pass along your good suggestion about a spiral binding.

As for the ribs, it's mostly a matter of time. Very often when I do them on a WSM, and the ribs are meaty, they take as long as five hours. I usually wrap them individually in foil with a little sauce/juice for the last hour or so. That makes a big difference in the tenderness. Give that a try. I think you'll be pleased. And remember that that you can plan to have the ribs ready to eat hours before serving them. They reheat nicely in foil and get super tender that way.

Jamie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mark B.:
Hey Jamie, first of all, let me say that your books are top notch. Actually, the Real Grilling book along with the others are completely falling apart because of use. My wife also loves the recipes. I wondered if they (publisher)ever thought about using spiral binders?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ditto on the binding. I've had "Way to Grill" for two months now and many pages are already loose (sign of a well received book I suppose
icon_smile.gif
).

Another ditto on the binding: I have way to grill and charcoal grilling and both are falling apart at the binding.

Yea, I have taken mine apart and put it through a 3 hole punch. It's now taken well care of sitting inside a 3-ringed binder. I do have to turn the pages carefully though or it will rip.

My understanding is that Kinko's will do a plastic spiral binding for a few bucks. But the binding on all my BBQ books wears out over time. I guess I need to do a Kinko's run myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back