Rib rack for Mini?

I took an extra spare rib rack I had laying around and chopped it down to size using an angle grinder to fit the mini.

many have that non stick coating.
after buying all kinds of junk $$$$$$$$$ i have come to the conclusion
that if its not ss i ain't buyin it.

many have that non stick coating. after buying all kinds of junk $$$$$$$$$ i have come to the conclusion that if its not ss i ain't buyin it.
I'm pretty much agree with you, hence my question about the Brinkman model. Hopefully I'll have a chance to stop by HD this weekend otherwise I'll probably roll the dice on the Weber version on Amazon

I'm pretty much agree with you, hence my question about the Brinkman model. Hopefully I'll have a chance to stop by HD this weekend otherwise I'll probably roll the dice on the Weber version on Amazon

I like the brinkman rack the best, but then again, I haven't seen any other brand that fits the mini WSM like the brinkman one does; and it's a heavy duty one as well. As far as rust, it doesn't seem to have a a teflon coating of any sort.

Andy Ly;
As a result of your positive comments regarding the Brinkman rib back, I stopped by Home Depot and picked up a couple for me and one for my oldest son (who has ordered the components for his new Mini). The Brinkman fits PERFECTLY, as Andy stated. They look to be VERY sturdy. They are made, as Andy stated, of a black metal. I have no worries on that score.

Now, with my two grates, I will be able to do eight half racks of ribs at the same time. That will handle my needs quite nicely. Further, one of them will be a great addition to my WSM if I need to increase the capacity on it (with the rack I already have, I will be able to do ten halves of racks of ribs on my 18.5" WSM.

Thank you, Andy!

FWIW
Dale53

Here's a picture of the Brinkman Rib Rack in my mini:

Here's another view that better shows the clearance in the mini. It's just about a perfect fit. Almost as if it were made for the mini:

Dale53:wsm:

Robert - looks good. I like the handles you made for the top rack. How far from the top is your top rack mounted and how mach space it there between the top and second rack?

Thanks

Here's a picture of the Brinkman Rib Rack in my mini:

Here's another view that better shows the clearance in the mini. It's just about a perfect fit. Almost as if it were made for the mini:

Yep, those are the one. However, I think you forgot the ribs ;) Nice price too compared to whats available on amazon. It reminds me of a bicycle rack mount. Oh and once the racks are loaded up, you have a tiny bit of room to put stuff under the side handles. Like a corn on the cob or ABTs.

Chris V;
The top grate on my mini is 4" below the rim. The bottom grate is about 5" below the top grate. I will be adding an additional grate just below the rim of the cooker for those rare times I might need room for some low profile appetizers.

I just finished a rib cook - six half racks of St. Louis Cut ribs. I put three on the bottom grate and three on the top grate. There was plenty of room and they all cooked properly at the same time. When I foiled the ribs, I did swap from top to bottom and bottom to top in case there was any significant temperature difference.

The Brinkman rib racks worked PERFECTLY! Doncha LOVE it when a plan comes together??!:cool:

This is a cooking machine - my Mini-Joe is now FIRMLY in the stable!

Thanks for the info Robert. I saw your other thread with the results from you first rib cook in the Mini and they looked awesome!

Back