Mexican Butter Recipe

NeilH

TVWBB Emerald Member
If you like salsa type recipes, you should try this. I like to let it get good and cold and let everything soak in before eating with tortilla chips. My favorite tortillas are made by On the Border brand from Sams. Heat them about 30 seconds then eat away.

Recipe:

Mexican Butter

2 large tomatoes
1 can of olives (black sliced or chopped if they come chopped)
3 spring onions
1 large can of green chilis
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
1 jalapeno seeded and chopped (if you like a little heat)

Neil, thanks for the ingredients, but how do you prepare the "Mexican Butter"? Just mix? Cook it all down? Mix and chill? Mix, cook and chill? Just curious....

I'm with you on the chips! "On The Border" brand are great chips! We get them at the local "Hellmart"....

Last edited:
From.the ingredients, it's a different version for salsa.

Mix, let sit to blend and dip/scoop away.

You only heat the chips, not the salsa.

Neil, thanks for the ingredients, but how do you prepare the "Mexican Butter"? Just mix? Cook it all down? Mix and chill? Mix, cook and chill? Just curious....

I'm with you on the chips! "On The Border" brand are great chips! We get them at the local "Hellmart"....
Mike, just mix and chill. I let it get cold, even better the next day. No cooking involved. I havent seen them at "hellmart" lol
I wish they were though.

From.the ingredients, it's a different version for salsa.

Mix, let sit to blend and dip/scoop away.

You only heat the chips, not the salsa.
Len, you got it, just let it get cold then have at it. I like it better the next day. Those On the Border chips have a better taste warm. It says 30 seconds on the bag. I tried some Tostito brand chips warmed the other day and there's no comparison.

Back