pork loin stuffed with smoked sausage with pic

Jimbo C

http://s858.photobucket.com/user/JimboC81/media/image_zpsa1cdfcc0.jpg.html

Pork Loin stuffed with smoked sausage. Myron Mixons Recipe

First I brined it for 14 hours in a combination of water, kosher salt, brown sugar, apple juice, fresh squeezed lemon, lime, and orange juice.

Second I rinsed it dried it and make a slit in the center all the way through, and stuck a turkey baster through to make it easier to put the smoked sausage through. I then trimmed the sausage to be the same length of the loin.

Third I put a large amount of Famous Dave's Pork rub all over the loin and wrapped it in plastic wrap and stuck in the fridge for 8 hours.

Fourth I got my 22 1/2" WSM fired up, and then put in a gallon of cold water, two fresh squeezed lemons, limes, and oranges right in the water pan and left them in there throughout the whole cook.

I smoked with a combination of Cherry and Pecan wood at a temp of 225 to 240 (still haven't mastered temp control) till the internal temp reached 140, I then foil wrapped it with brown sugar, honey and apple juice. Placed it back on the smoker till internal temp reached 155 then towel wrapped in cooler for 30 minutes.

I then took it out of the foil and put it on my weber charcoal grill at 425 degreed to add a little sear to the outside.

Overall it turned out very good, wish I would have made a peach or apple sauce to put on it to kind of match the savory elements with a good sweet element but overall it was very tasty and the wife told me she would like eating it again (which is saying a lot shes a really picky eater)

Thanks for reading a long post hope everyone enjoyed, and I look forward to everyone's reviews and input.

Back