How many miles...

OK, so I was unloading from this past weekends camping trip and noticed that dings, rust, etc on my SJS is getting pretty bad. Then I got to thinking when it was that I bought this little champ. Can't remember exactly but it must have been shortly after getting the camper back in '01. Then it occured to me that this little grill has got a LOT of miles on it.

From central Fla to Washington DC, 3 to Stone Mtn, Pennsylvania, Maryland, and countless trips around Florida. Weber should give out a medallion for reaching 5 or 10 thousand miles on your grill.

Just one of those hmmmm.... moments.

Russ

Well, you've got a point!

I keep an SJ in my camper but I actually have one that's even more travelled.

Took a gig where I travelled for work. It's fun at first but after awhile the travel just becomes part of the job. There's only so many times that you can eat out too. Eventually I got to the point where I put together a basic chuckwagon kit which pretty much filled the trunk of the company car. Had all the necessities, SJG, charcoal, chimney, Coleman stove, cast iron skillet, Dutch oven, chairs, small folding tables, etc. Hotel parking lots can make a great outdoor kitchen! Anyway, back to your point...I did this for several years, week by week, over 8 states in the Southwest U.S. I shudder to think how many miles that SJG actually has on it.

Back