Painted mini - how long before firing it up?

Jeff Padell

TVWBB Pro
I painted the middle section of my Mini last Monday, I can still smell paint, how long do I have to wait to use it, it has been 6 days but I put on 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of enamel (or was the enamal 2 coats and 1 very light coat?)

What would happen if I used it, would the paint bubble (it was high temp engine enamal)?

i would build a small pile of coals in the middle to get the temp up to set things. what are the instructions on the paint ?

Instructions just said to let it cure 7 days.

I think I will try the small fire tomorrow morning, I think something along the lines of a parafin cube with 3 or 4 briquets

My paint can said to heat cure it after the 7 day dry time. Something like 200 degrees for a certain time then cool off and a hotter temp to set it or something like that. I just used it and its held up fine. :)

That is what I am going to do today, just use it, after all it can always be stripped and repainted.

When to use 5 coals over a paraffin cube to heat it up, but the KBB had been in my garage this week and it has been so humid that it wouldn't light even with the paraffin cube blazing away!

Back