Q series fuel

Gracie

Hello

I am brand new to this board and hope to learn a lot from you, the more experienced BBQers!

We have the standard Weber charcoal kettle bbq and love it, but have decided to add a gas bbq to our garden collection to cook year round.

There are only two of us on a regular basis so we don't want a huge bbq and thought that a Q100 would be OK to cook steaks/fish/kebabs/pizza.

My question is this: I think it is supplied with a small canister but we would like to use the large bottles of propane (you know, the aqualung size). Is it possible to fit such a fuel supply? Apologies if this has been asked before; I have looked but can't find a definitive answer.

Weber does sell an item tha consists of a hose, regulator, and adapter that allows you to use a 20 pound cylinder. At least it work on American 20 pound cylinders. I assume that they are the same in the UK.

i would suggest a bigger q like the q220. and yes, you will be able to buy a hose setup to use your version of the bigger tanks.

Hi Gracie, first off welcome to the forum.

As a power user of the Weber Q series and a barbecue cooking demonstrator for Weber Australia, I concur with George.
The baby Q is primarily designed as a portable BBQ, It is extremely gas efficient, easy to clean and very lightweight with a small footprint. Due to it's small size there are some restrictions in it's versatility and what you can cook in it. Pizzas would be a problem unless they were small. It will hanndle grilling for 2 but when wanting to do combination cooks or a roast with veggies you have restrictions. the Baby Q is recommended for 2 to 4 people.

The Q220 whilst it costs more (I don't know what it is in the UK) has a lot more versatility and makes it much easier to do all different types of dishes from grills, roasts, cakes, deserts, curries, casseroles, veggies, pizzas and bread. I believe that in the UK they sell the Q220 with a hose and regulator to suit a standard 9 Kg gas bottle. A 9 kg gas bottle will last about 36 hours.

Hope this helps

Back