Saber Knives

Joel Kiess

TVWBB All-Star
There's always a lot of knife discussion here. I came across THIS the other day.

Don't know if anyone had posted about these before, but they look interesting.

Although I have no experience with this brand, I will say that it should be possible to make mid-priced knives that perform better than, say, what Forschner offers, for less than what you have to pay for a Mac or a Shun.

It's not clear why they don't seem to be available. Maybe this is an attempt to do that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Although I have no experience with this brand, I will say that it should be possible to make mid-priced knives that perform better than, say, what Forschner offers, for less than what you have to pay for a Mac or a Shun. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

they have to create a market. I'd say right now the market is very brand conscious, and split between the high and low end brands. Mix in brands like Wusthof that sell at lots of price points and the market is covered.

Going after professionals is key. If they can establish themselves in restaurant kitchens maybe they can build some cred.

btw, everybody knows its spelled s-a-b-r-e
icon_biggrin.gif

Back