A month after the build. I love it!!

BMitch

TVWBB Member
A friend of mine built a mini bullet a few years back and showed me his project over memorial day weekend. I was very impressed and i just had to have one of my own! I had a smokey joe gold in the garage so I ordered the vascarnia steamer pot for $15 online. very inexpensive. As soon as the pot was at my door I went to Home Depot to get the hardware and within a few hours I was seasoning my new smoker.

This is the painted pot and assembly with the weber one touch good Sj. I used high temp enamel. I also fabricated a long handle on then heat damper so make it easier to control the temperature.
a>

I ordered a weber Q thermometer that I installed between the 2 cooking grates to get an accurate temperature however I'm not sure how well the thermometer actually works.
a>

For the heat deflector I drilled 1/2" holes in the bottom of the steamer pot. My cooker holds at about 275 degrees for 4 hours. I use a pie pan with water in it for longer cooks. I thought about removing the bottom but this method has worked well for me thus far. The only issue is keeping the bottom clean.
a>

This is my own flair I decided to do with a vinyl decal I had around the house.
a>

These are my two boys. Mini wsm and a vintage 1980 22.5" weber that I found in my grandfather's shed. It hadn't been touched in two decades. So I had to clean it out and paint it red... I call him big red. Needless to say I love this setup.
a>

And here are a few cooks I've done on the mini wsm. Sometimes I incorporate big red in with my smoking. When cooking for large parties I like to put my ribs on direct heat and apply sauce (blues hog) which I like to cut blues hog with beer, butter for shine, and some other type of bbq sauce I have in the fridge usually sweet baby rays.
a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

a>

Last edited:
A friend of mine built a mini bullet a few years back and showed me his project over memorial day weekend. I was very impressed and i just had to have one of my own! I had a smokey joe gold in the garage so I ordered the vascarnia steamer pot for $15 online. very inexpensive. As soon as the pot was at my door I went to Home Depot to get the hardware and within a few hours I was seasoning my new smoker.

This is the painted pot and assembly with the weber one touch good Sj. I used high temp enamel. I also fabricated a long handle on then heat damper so make it easier to control the temperature.
image-1.jpg

I ordered a weber Q thermometer that I installed between the 2 cooking grates to get an accurate temperature however I'm not sure how well the thermometer actually works.
image.jpg

For the heat deflector I drilled 1/2" holes in the bottom of the steamer pot. My cooker holds at about 275 degrees for 4 hours. I use a pie pan with water in it for longer cooks. I thought about removing the bottom but this method has worked well for me thus far. The only issue is keeping the bottom clean.
[IMGhttp://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c305/BMitch05/image-4.jpg[/IMG]

This is my own flair I decided to do with a vinyl decal I had around the house.
image-10.jpg

These are my two boys. Mini wsm and a vintage 1980 22.5" weber that I found in my grandfather's shed. It hadn't been touched in two decades. So I had to clean it out and paint it red... I call him big red. Needless to say I love this setup.
image-8.jpg

And here are a few cooks I've done on the mini wsm. Sometimes I incorporate big red in with my smoking. When cooking for large parties I like to put my ribs on direct heat and apply sauce (blues hog) which I like to cut blues hog with beer, butter for shine, and some other type of bbq sauce I have in the fridge usually sweet baby rays.
image-9.jpg

image-7.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-3.jpg

a>

Nice work!

Back