Pics of recent scores and nearly completed projects *****

Hey everyone,
Wasn't sure where to post this for sure and this looked like the best place.

I recently scored a commercial meat slicer from our area high school. All cast aluminum and pretty heavy duty. Here are some pics:

I also scored a custom hand hammered wok (that's what the sellers agent told me) that fits on Weber kettles. I have since learned it's an original Weber wok, so I'm kinda psyched about that. Here's pics:

Sitting on the kettle

Utensil handle detail

Last year I built a single purpose 12'x12' shed to store my Weber collection. This year it was time to build myself a right proper cooking area. The new deck is 32'x10'. It's built in 5 sections, 4 of which can be easily removed If I ever need to retask them. I can now walk out of the shed and onto the pit patio. No more carrying Weber grills up stairs, or cooking in the mud.

A few shots of inside the shed
WSM storage

Wheeled racks for charcoal and comp supply storage. The steel rack gets loaded up with my comp gear and gets rolled right onto the trailer.

Smokey Joe, mini-WSM, and WGA storage

More charcoal storage

There are three WSMs behind the steel shelf unit, three WSMs and three older SJPs in the rafters.

I was gonna flip the meat slicer but the SoDT says it stays. Ummm, OK!
Really looking forward to cooking on that wok. My boys devour bok choy, onions, and peppers served over rice.
I can't tell you how happy I am to not have to cook in the mud, grass and dirt anymore. The kids will be happy they don't have to shovel snow off the grass anymore either.

Hope you enjoyed all of the pics.

Wow. Thanks for sharing these photos, Clark! I'm envious of all the Weber storage space!

BTW, in the next to last photo...what's the little framed set of tools on the wall? Those must have some special significance...

Best,
Chris

Wow. Thanks for sharing these photos, Clark! I'm envious of all the Weber storage space!

BTW, in the next to last photo...what's the little framed set of tools on the wall? Those must have some special significance...

Best,
Chris
Thanks for the kind words Chris.

Yes, those tools have special significance. My Papa Mert (my mom's dad) was a carpenter for all of his life (exceptionally skilled). When he passed away, he had multiple sheds, BIG sheds full of tools and things he had saved. Those are some of his. I have others as well. I made sure that I had a hammer, block plane, and chalk line from both of my grampas. Papa Mert's chalk line was used when I built the deck.

One of my grandfathers was a carpenter, too. Built many a subdivision in Southern California and Arizona. I wish I had more of his tools...I only have a big hunking adjustable crescent wrench, but it does get used occasionally and I always think of him. :)

Clark that wok looks awesome. Gotta get it carbonized for flavor. BBQ pork fried rice please.

Looks like you will never run out of Webers....thats the way it should be.

Quite an incredible set-up Clark!!
Looks like you have ALL the bases covered here... Fantastic!!

Quite an incredible set-up Clark!!
Looks like you have ALL the bases covered here... Fantastic!!
Not quite ALL the bases.
I need to procure a 6 or 8 foot stainless prep table. I'll then cut in a kitchen sink and run plumbing from the basement out to it so I have hot and cold running water and a prep area. I've heard them called "outdoor kitchens".

Clark,

I just showed my wife your inventory. There should be no resistance when I decide that I "need" another Weber. And once we get rid of her horses, the pole barn will be fair game!

Jim

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I have patiently waited for this.

You have no idea how bad I want a pole shed. I would never go in the house.

love the meat slicer , shed , deck , all the grills and smokers ..the tools...( my grampa was a carpenter too )
just a quick question....what is a pole barn or shed?

Back