My pork loin from Saturday

Deb

Here's my first time trussing a roast
smoke8-1.jpg
Kind of neat being my first time trussing and all
icon_smile.gif
smoke7.jpg
smoke5.jpg
I think it took about 80 mins. to reach 155 and that's what I wanted.....if hubby would have seen ANY pink at all, he would have come unglued
icon_eek.gif
. I started to get a hot spot on the fat side and just put a sheet of foil at the coles on the side causing the problem. It came out vvvvvvery moist and lots of flavor. Used a buttery and tangy orange marmalade glaze toward the end. We served them on hoagie buns with grilled onions and french onion dip....with spaghetti salad and devilled eggs, and ooie gooie butter cake....left overs today.

Gee Deb, after all those worries about loin, you rocked this one like a pro. Love the truss job. Looks really delish. Bravo!

Deb, You're IN!!
Love it all! Nice Cook!!
Hope you're happy with that 'tisserie... seems like a natural
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deb:
..if hubby would have seen ANY pink at all, he would have come unglued
icon_eek.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
As long as the internal temp reaches 140 there's no worries.

Indeed, with today's standards in pork production, trichinosis from pork is extremely rare.

Even the CDC says that there's only about a dozen cases of trichinosis reported each year, mostly from eating undercooked wild game.

I pulled my last loin at about 140 internal. Let it rest loosely tented for about 15-20 mins and it was perfect. No pink, but really moist.

Hey Deb - What a gal - Wow, that was a nice cook and fun to follow
icon_biggrin.gif
. Nice presentation @ your cook. I'll bet that was one happy hubby. Thanks for sharing pix and all. Bob
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Back