Meat slicer blade question....

JimT

TVWBB Pro
I've had a Chef's Choice model 610 for a while now, which is working well for me. It came with the standard serrated blade. As a belated Christmas present, I just received the "Fine Edge" blade, which I understand helps with very thin slicing.

OK, fine. What does that really mean????

I sure would appreciate thoughts on when/how to use these two different blades.

Thanks,

JimT

Jim--I certainly don't claim to be an expert on slicer blades, but my guess would be that it might be similar to comparing a course tooth saw blade and a fine tooth saw blade. The fine blade probably doesn't "tear" like the other blade might, making it more suitable for thin slicing.

Just a WAG.

Tom

Yup. And to hit very thin, make sure the meat is very cold - or even slightly frozen (but just slightly). It is also good for cheeses of any thickness.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimT:
I just received the "Fine Edge" blade, which I understand helps with very thin slicing.
OK, fine. What does that really mean???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Think Monty Python "Waffer Thin"
icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimT:
I just received the "Fine Edge" blade, which I understand helps with very thin slicing.
OK, fine. What does that really mean???? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Think Monty Python "Waffer Thin"
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think I see some beef jerky being made in the future.

Back