Alarm selection option

Steve_M

TVWBB Guru
Would it be possible to have a checkbox option in the config to enable/disable the audio alarm and alarm scripts?

I know you can go in and choose which alarm scripts will be triggered, but it would be nice to quickly turn them all on or off as well as the audible alarm.

Thanks again for all the hard work being put into this.

That's not a bad idea. I was planning on reworking the frontend to the alarm settings and I think a master on/off would be a good addition. I'll put it on the TODO.

Nice, thanks.

Also, just to clarify, I'd like individual "master" settings ie: "all audible alarms on/off" and "all alarm scripts on/off"

Thanks again.

The first time I went out for a ride while I had food on the pit (with an alarm set), you could say I was alarmed when I rode in the driveway and heard this beeping going on.... I had never heard it before and wondered what my neighbors might have been thinking while my BBQ sat there beeping for who knows how long before I got home and turned it off! So, yah, I would also like the option to disable the audible alarm as well, cause I tend to wander away from the pit too far to hear it anyway.... (thanks to the Heater Meter)

As a stopgap measure, you can always just add a line to the "All Alarms" script to turn off the alarm if it goes off.
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# Silence this alarm, it will ring again if re-armed
al_set 0
# Disable this alarm, it will not ring again
al_set -$al_thresh
# exit and prevent other scripts from running
exit 1
Just put a # in front of any line you don't want to run, you probably want one or the other al_set to run not both.

Back