Pot for making my sauce on the grill

Mike Drewery

TVWBB Super Fan
All,

I am looking for a pot to make my BBQ sauce on the grill as I cook. I was thinking a CI pot would do it nicely, what size would you all recommend? I was thinking a quart but all seem to be shallow at 2"'s or so...

What do you all use?

Mike

Mike I do it all the time..shoot if I'm out cooking on the grill might as well!! I go back and forth between a Bella enameled cast iron Dutch oven (I wouldn't use any thing to spendy and would use the enameled coated DO since the acid in tomato based products would eat up your seasoning!!)

I found a couple 2.75 quart DO last year around Xmas for 20 bucks apiece so I bought both in stock!

I also use a All-clad sauce pan my wife found at a garage sale for cheap...probably get murdered in my sleep for using our good All-clad stuff on the BBQ!

Any way...Either of these chooses suite my needs!! Hope it helps!

Thanks, I hadn't considered the acid in tomatoes and had ruled out the enameled CI just because of looks :) I'll look more at those on Amazon through this sites shopping link

Mike I do it all the time..shoot if I'm out cooking on the grill might as well!! I go back and forth between a Bella enameled cast iron Dutch oven (I wouldn't use any thing to spendy and would use the enameled coated DO since the acid in tomato based products would eat up your seasoning!!)

I found a couple 2.75 quart DO last year around Xmas for 20 bucks apiece so I bought both in stock!

I also use a All-clad sauce pan my wife found at a garage sale for cheap...probably get murdered in my sleep for using our good All-clad stuff on the BBQ!

Any way...Either of these chooses suite my needs!! Hope it helps!

Thanks, I hadn't considered the acid in tomatoes and had ruled out the enameled CI just because of looks :) I'll look more at those on Amazon through this sites shopping link

Anythng stainless would work well.. if it's over direct heat a thick aluminum disk bottom is preferable, no need for All Clad types.

I don't do them on the grill as I've found that I cannot control my temp's as well as the stove, plus it is just more stuff to carry outside and I don't see any benefit of doing it on the grill. But if I were, I would just use a sauce pan. However, are you just referring to a BBQ sauce?..........................d

Last edited:

Back