Weber 22" assembly question

Maryjo Walker

Hi all...

1) I just got my 22" smoker the other day and had no problems with assembly up until I put the coal grate in the bottom. It happens to sit in the middle of the vents and prevents them from turning (because of the inner tabs). I wondered if I placed it wrong, but there isn't anything else to have it sit on. Am I supposed to bend the inner tabs from the vents?

2) Also, regarding the tabs that stick up off the heat shield....will that be sharp enough to rub/stratch off the enamel on the bottom of the coal bowl over time? Thanks in advance!!

3) Just thought of something else....I was cleaning out my 18" smoker to get ready to sell, and was being really careful what cleaner to use on it and what to scrub it with...well, needless to say, there is just some stuff you can't get off. It got me to thinking...I heard someone talking about using hydrogen peroxide on heavily burt kitchen pans (i know it works, because I've tried it) but would it be safe to use to break up the "yuckies" on the inside of the smoker that I can't get off otherwise?

#3 Only: The hydrogen peroxide would be completely safe but is it really necessary? Some of that "stuff" (seasoning) should make it worth more!

1. you didnt place it wrong the tabs are in the way it is a design flaw. most people just snap off the bottom tabs that are in the way.

2. not sure but probably not. i didnt put the heat shield on mine as my patio is concrete and i dont need another debris catcher.

3. i dont clean mine that well if it sees a pressure washer its a miracle. just becareful with any sort of scrubbing as abrasive action can chip or remove the finish if your not careful.

Maryjo, I agree with Jon except #3...
do not clean the inside of your old 18".
keep ALL that GREATNESS in there.
If you feel an urge to make it more beautiful, simply wipe down the outside.

ps: if you're in my neighborhood, I'll buy it!

Thanks everyone!! You are all awesome! I'm glad I can ask questions here and y'all know what the heck I'm talking about!
icon_smile.gif

Sorry Jim...I'm in Utah.
icon_frown.gif

Back