Tennessee > Hermitage: Papa Turney's

Eric A

TVWBB Super Fan
While on vacation this last week in Nashville, googled bbq Nashville, got the usual, Jack's , Hog Heaven, Barb B Cutie, and Papa Turneys, I had not seen any mention of this place on any of my searches for bbq but what caught my eye was the 5 star rating on Yelp and Urbanspoon We had try it.

After having seen Jack's, Whitts, Barb B Cutie and other BBQ establishments around Nashville I was surprised at the location (end of a small gas station strip mall) and the size, 4 small tables made up the dining area, lots of family pics on wall a very small kitchen and work area. Two large smokers doin their thing outside along side of building. The people behind the counter are friendly and helpful.

Ok, so my wife had pulled pork, loved it! I had a half rack of pork ribs, very good, moist and smokey; served dry with hot and mild sauces on table, My son had Hot smoked chicken wings and he stated "best wings i have ever had" had beans and slaw Loved beans, slaw was good. Now I don't pretend to know smack about bbq (I'm learning) but I will say this was very good , would recommend a visit if in area.

Papa Turney106
Papa Turney107

Last edited:

Back