Looking for a way to install the HM fan on my grill.

Dom D

How are people are affixing the fan for the Heatermeater to their grill. I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to fab up something from sheet metal, but my skills here are weak. Does anyone have a more elegant solution? I have a Weber kettle grill.

Hi Dom, in the morning I will get pictures of how I did mine. It works and that is what matters. Just starting a full brisket cook for my wife's birthday.

Dom, as promised here are the pictures. The bowl is a large cat bowl. I did have to remove the rubber that came on it. A razor knife and some goof-off did that. Then drilled holes and used a hand knibbler to make the cutout. The red stuff is high heat food grade sealant left over from installing my Nomex seals. I also used a piece of leftover Nomex around the rim of the cat bowl to seal it to the WSM around the vent. Attached with two toggle bolts. The blue tape on the finished product is used as a damper. I am still thinking of buying an auber fan that has a built in automatic damper. Not sure yet, but this does work. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Also in one of the pictures you will see two bowls. I was going to use one inside the WSM to cut down on blowing ash, but there was not enough room.

IMG_5970.JPG

IMG_5973.JPG

IMG_5967.JPG

IMG_5964.JPG

IMG_5993.JPG

Last edited:
Here's my approach on a Chargriller Kamado Kooker.

4r5ijn.jpg

Used a rubber band (blue) to attach it to the bottom vent handle. A small piece of cereal box (frosted mini wheats) angles the fan into the air intake. There are gaps around it but I compensate by reducing the top vent.

Back