Pizza Fatty

J Sprecher

Tried my hand at a pizza fatty today. turned out pretty good. we had already stuffed ourselves with chinese food so i couldnt really eat more than a bite but it will be lunch for tomorrow!
920958_287641864715400_1059466876_o.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

sorry! didnt mean to tease!

i used jimmy dean sausage (regular). i believe the recipe i based this off of used the sage sausage but i just used regular because its what i had. Its filled with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and pizza sauce. i was going to add some black olives but the wife doesnt like those. the cheese looks yellow but i think thats from the sauce mixing with it. bacon wasnt super crispy, still had some flex to it, but did its job: the inside of this thing was juicy! i used the one gallon bag trick to flatten out the sausage and spread the ingredients on top, then rolled.

temp in the mini was around 250ish (fluctuated a little because it was sitting under the hot sun with wind blowing off and on). i had to fiddle with the vents a bit thanks to the wind. i let it set in there until the internal temp (measured in a few different spots) was 170. i read in a couple other forums that 160-170 is a good temp to halt the cook. hopefully thats accurate!

Back