Smoked Turkey on the Mini WSM SmokeyJoe silver Mod.

ChadRex

TVWBB Super Fan
Has anyone Smoked a Turkey on the Mini WSM Smokey Joe Silver mod?

I am building mine Now and want to be able to Smoke at least a 12-14# Turkey.
Usually when smoking a Turkey on my 22.5 Weber I place an apple Juice/water in rectangle foil pan in between the coals and smoke indirect for about 3 Hours at 250.

I want to build my Mini to accommodate a water pan mounted much like the Weber WSM.

Has anyone done this and what was your experiences with the performance, ( Temperatures ectt.) ?

Mahalo for replies,

ChadRex

i havn't but i think that would expect to much from the mini.
its so easy to do in a kettle so not sure why you need to use the mini.

If you smoke it as per the weber instructions, no way that will fit on the mini.

That is the way I have smoked turkey and was my original intent when I was looking for a smoker, but the mini is too small.

I'm sticking with the kettle for turkeys for know .... 😉

Thanks for the replies,
Sometimes I like to take my grill with me parks, beaches, ect.. just wanting to know what the capabilities or limitations of this mini WSM are. Curious if it can Smoke a Turkey and maintain a steady 300-325 temp, then I will be thoroughly amazed.

I did find that someone has smoked a Turkey on the mini
Timothy Hoffman's 14# Turkey on SJ Gold Mini SWM

He was able to keep it going at 350, curious on how long it took...

Last edited:
well, color me amazed. maybe its a small but heavy turkey. i normally get 11to 12 lb turkeys and maybe those might work better.

He was able to keep it going at 350, curious on how long it took...

He says in the post you linked to, "Bird on at 2pm off at 5pm. All shut down by 5:30pm" so it looks like a relatively short cook of 3 hours. Looks like a fun cook, I'll have to add it to the list of things to try.

Back