VMI 32 QT Aluminum Stock Pot- Spot on Fit + Inexpensive

ChadRex

TVWBB Super Fan
I know there are abundance of posts asking where to find the correct fitting Stock pot for the Mini WSM

I have tried the IMUSA at multiple Targets, Sears & none seemed to fit and were priced over $21.00, I am not keen on ordering online without doing a fit test. not wanting to crimp the pot.

Mahalo - much Thanks to tvwbb member Fabian Ochoa ---Pots-at-Target-or-Wal-Mart-Amazon

I checked out his suggestion and found perfect fitting pots for $16.34, I brought my Weber, lid & cooking grate and the fit was spot on. i check several in the store and there was a consistent fit. Had the built in ridge and I compared it to the IMUSA pot dimensions quality, and build are nearly identical with one exception the VMI pot was a Spot on fit.

VMI 32 QT Alu. Stock Pot
Purchased at Best Way SuperMercado 129 E Lomita Blvd, Carson, CA 90745 -(310) 834-9503( Lomita & Main St.) They had shelf full. Very reasonably priced. $16.34
However a lot of Forum members here do not have access to the Hispanic Markets we do in CA.
So I suggest going straight to the distributor.

VM International
1241 E Watson Center Rd
Carson CA 90745
(310)952-9000

Hope this helps other gets started..

Mahalo,
ChadRex

Last edited:
I called and they import them. They currently do not have any in stock but will get a load of them (container size) for tamale season (around Christmas time).

Anyone interested in a group buy? We just need enough members to commit to buy a whole container.

Food for Less is one of the stores they sell to.

Russell,
Do you live in Whittier, the market that I bought mine from is in Carson CA, They had shelf full of them.
From Whittier about half hour drive west on 91 then 110s..

Best Way SuperMercado (Lomita & Main St.)
129 E Lomita Blvd, Carson, CA 90745 -
(310) 834-9503

I am sure if you go before this weekend you are sure to find one, and a block west of that is the Carson Target that has a few 32 QT IMUSA steamer pots in stock ( 1 that I returned :cool:), slightly big fit but will work if crimped.

Or you can check Food 4 Less in Gardena on Artesia Blvd. ( if you jump on the 91 w until it ends, it turns into Artesia Blvd. not even a mile West there is a Food for Less).

Best of luck PM if you need,

Mahalo,
ChadRex

Last edited:
I want one, but really don't want to drive too far. I have bought and returned an IMUSA from target but I might return after learning how to crimp without too much damage. I am patient and might just wait for tamale season when the VMI 32qt will be more plentiful.

Two 9# butts were finished on my WSM this past weekend, for the 4th of July, so I do have smoking capabilities.

Whittier, with a huge Latino population, you should have no problem locating a suitable tamale pot.

Thanks Chad. My buddy is going to build a mini soon. He is always out in the LA area. I'm going to send him to Carson.

Back