smokey joe "Tuck-N-Carry"?

Jake S

TVWBB Fan
Someone just posted a new in box Smokey Joe Tuck-N-Carry on my local (boston) craigslist. The box art looks like a SJG with a wood handle. Not going to get it myself-- need that bottom vent!-- but thought I'd throw it out there if anyone knows anything about them.

The bottom vent mod is pretty easy and the wooden handle is a classic.... I don't know Jake - you may want to reconsider!!!!

Pat

i'd think about it as a collectable as it has the wooden handle. i just use the sjs and then use three thirteen in. bungee cords. tie one end of each into a key ring and then use the other end to hook onto each leg and yer good to go for carrying. cheap.

I'll admit I was tempted by the wood handle, but I'm not having great luck with the side vents on my gold. Some folks (including you, George) suggested that my copper SJG might be collectible, but I can't get into a grill that doesn't meet a practical need.

The current plan is to keep the SJG for occasional travel use, but keep trolling craigslist for a cheap silver to grill on at home and maybe use as a firebox/cold smoker mod for my ECB.

Back