All-Clad Pan - Burnt Popcorn Residue - How to clean?

QcMWRj-_rYgCXdv2M7bU1bvwJw4N2rOnUbk3AveUHsM=w277-h207-p-no

I burnt popcorn in one of my favorite pans. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to remove the carbon residue from the burnt popcorn?

Try some Bar-keepers Friend or Bon-Ami along with a good scrubby. I don't own All-Clad pans but a Brillo pad also works on mine.

Tim

Try taking 1/4 cup of baking soda and add some hydrogen peroxide, just enough to make a paste. Put it on the pan, and let it set. Then use a scouring sponge and hot water

That looks cool.
I am however partial to my air popper. Works great and no need to go near the stove.
Used to us my wok. That was cool to.

Hi Patrick, I've been cooking popcorn in stainless (caphalon) pans too for around a year - looks like your temp is too high!

Next time try medium heat, maybe 2 Tbsp coconut oil or whatever, then drop in 1/4 cup+ kernels, throw a lid on offset just a bit to let the steam escape but not the kernels pop out, & give it a few minutes. No need to shake or stir, the popping corn moves the popped kernels and they won't burn unless you let it stay on there way too long.

I used to turn the temp to high/med-high & I had a few pans look just like yours :)

....and as I'm sure you've found out, barkeeper's friend works great to clean your pan....

edit: I forgot to mention - I use coconut oil, it's usually solid so as the pan is warming up and the oil is liquefying I tilt the pan so everything goes into one corner - there I'll either stir or shake the tilted pan so all the kernels get coated, then I shake the pan so the popcorn isn't all on the side.

Now I want to make some ;) it's been since Sunday already

Last edited:
Clint, I have been making it using the same directions you mention for years. I forgot the pan on the stove and came back about 10 min too late. Thank God I didn't burn down the house. Once you start making popcorn on the stove, you'll never go back to microwave popcorn. My kids love it.

QcMWRj-_rYgCXdv2M7bU1bvwJw4N2rOnUbk3AveUHsM=w277-h207-p-no

I burnt popcorn in one of my favorite pans. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to remove the carbon residue from the burnt popcorn?

I have a ton of all-clad and highly recommend bar keepers friend as other have already done. A couple of other ways to clean it that I find helpful. Boil some water in it and try to scrape it with a wooden spatula. Then use bar keepers friend. Lastly I find Magic Eraser works well even though its not recommended on the All-clad site.

I've got a ton of All-Clad too. Love it so much I ship half way across the world each time I move. Dawn Power Dissolver, which I usually only found on the internet, even when I was living in the States works pretty well. David Brociner's suggestion of EZ-OFF oven cleaner works quite well on tough tough build up, but needs to be used with care - well ventilated area and gloves - or in the oven ... ;)

Back