Best and Worst of Running a Barbecue Empire

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
What is the best part or your favorite thing about owning and operating your barbecue restaurants? And what is the worst part or your least favorite aspect?

Thanks,
Chris

I love barbecue restaurants and there isn't anything that I don't like about it. But you have to understand that my whole life...I always had a motto that I do what other people won't do. I especially love greeting people and getting to know them. I love watching kids eat their first bite of a tasty rib. There is always work and there are tasks like dish washing and busting down boxes but that is all work and I just happen to love work. There were times in the early beginnings when we didn't know if we would make and that could be stressful. But I've learned that risk and failure are OK. Most people are afraid to tell folks they've failed. Heck my whole life is about failure, getting sober, and starting over... I am just grateful the Good Lord figured out that he'd keep me around a little bit longer!!! as I should have been dead 3 times. Go for it and never look back. If you fail but you love what you do... get back in the game! there's no other way!!! "Famous Dave"

Back