Authentic BBQ Pizza?

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Welcome Famous Dave! Do you think that there is a place for an authentic BBQ pizza with genuine smoked meat toppings and a smoked sauce in your restaurants? Maybe a deep dish BBQ pizza? What would you offer for topping meats?

Thanks, Not so famous Bob

Actually in my new Famous Dave's Barbecue Party Cookbook I share with everyone that my second most favorite food is Pizza on the grill. Weber makes a pizza stone that works fantastic. The one thing I learned is that you need to push the hot coals around the side of the weber kettle so that the heat travels up into the dome rather then all the hot coals being right under the stone because this will burn the crust fairly fast. I love pizza made on the grill as the smokiness makes these pizzas taste like the real deal old style pizzas made in old fashioned coal fired pizza ovens. All meats are great tasting if they are highly seasoned and smoked! However with all the being said I can't have pizza in my restaurants we just don't have the space to have bbq pizza. We already have large kitchens that are maxed out. I grew up on Lou Malnati's deep dish pizza and Marie's Pizza thin crust pizzas on Lawrence Ave.

Last edited:

Back