Thermapen

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well, the day has come.
Been thinking about this ever since I saw them win the contest on America's Test Kitchen, and hearing and reading about how great this Thermapen really is.
So, using the resources link from this web site, I purchased the colour <span class="ev_code_GREEN">GREEN</span>...
umm, Chris, your link still says "At $79 it's not cheap, but worth every penny."
nope.. they're now 96 bucks. (but I'm sure they're STILL worth every penny
icon_biggrin.gif
)

Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Well, the day has come.
Been thinking about this ever since I saw them win the contest on America's Test Kitchen, and hearing and reading about how great this Thermapen really is.
So, using the resources link from this web site, I purchased the colour <span class="ev_code_GREEN">GREEN</span>...
umm, Chris, your link still says "At $79 it's not cheap, but worth every penny."
nope.. they're now 96 bucks. (but I'm sure they're STILL worth every penny
icon_biggrin.gif
)
Jim, the New Splash-Proof Thermopen is more expensive and I think that is what you purchased. In Fact, I think Thermoworks has discontinued the original one. I am sure you will be very happy with it and if it is the Splash-Proof one be Very Happy. I have the original and got some water on it last week and it went crazy-giving me readings in the high two hundreds when the probe was not even inserted in meat. It is fine now, just needed a couple of days to dry out I guess.

Congrats on your purchase Jim.
The wife got me one for Christmas and I love it and yes worth every penny.

As far as the color I could of guest what you got
icon_razz.gif

You really don't need a Thermapen.

You also really don't need a smoker, 3 charcoal grills and a gasser but they(it) sure are(is) nice.

Thanks for the support guys... I guess it's like buying the WSM, "Buy the Best, Cry only once"
icon_biggrin.gif

Yes Steve, it is the New Splash-Proof... and <span class="ev_code_GREEN">green</span> is one of my favourite colours Jeff
icon_razz.gif

Congratulations on being the new owner of a great item,but if you can exchange it for a <span class="ev_code_RED">red</span>one it will be more accurate and much faster.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

the <span class="ev_code_RED">red</span> one might be faster but you will get more chicks using the Orange one. why is there no UBB code for orange
icon_confused.gif

are you guys for real??!!
icon_razz.gif

i'm sure the <span class="ev_code_GREEN">green</span> one will work just as fast as the red ones... and Tony, so much for gettin' more chicks, most of them out there know of this Lampe and want nothin' ta do with him
icon_biggrin.gif

oh yeah, if you mix green and yellow and a little pink, you'll get orange
icon_wink.gif

Originally posted by Doug Wade:
Very nice, other than the color...
icon_smile.gif
I agree with you Doug, I don't care for the orange colour on the packaging either,
icon_biggrin.gif
glad I don't hafta look at it everyday.

I also received my thermapen (BLACK) this week, ordered through the TVWB link. I got so tired of waiting for the old thermometer to tick off the readings - must be like 5 minutes before it would stop. Haven't used it in meat yet, but plan to tomorrow night. Color was a real dilema, so I punted.

Peter

Originally posted by PeteH:
I also received my thermapen (BLACK) this week, ordered through the TVWB link. I got so tired of waiting for the old thermometer to tick off the readings - must be like 5 minutes before it would stop. Haven't used it in meat yet, but plan to tomorrow night. Color was a real dilema, so I punted.

Peter

"Once you go Black you never go back"

Back