"Tower" Roadside Chicken

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Ran (drove) up to Milwaukee's South Side to Tower Chicken a little while ago and picked up a 5lb quartered fryer to grill up Roadside Style. If you haven't tried Tower's cuts, well... it is simply the finest chicken available on this planet! And only available in Milwaukee
icon_razz.gif

I'm following the Bryan S from Lancaster, Pa recipe with just a tweek. Here is a shot of the chicken marinating with a fresh jar of juice for grilltime basting and, oh, I mentioned a "shot" and a tweek... well, I added a healthy shot of Milwaukee's Rehorst Gin... we'll see what that does. . .
more later
icon_biggrin.gif

Bartender, I'll have a tinnie martini, please!
icon_smile.gif

oh yeah, it's RAINING now in the area so I'll have to ... well. . . .
I'll think of something.

Jim, that "Tower Chicken" picture is really, really cool. Love it!!

Bring on the "more later" pics!!

Milwaukee chicken, Milwaukee gin...
Jim, you're such a Locavore!

Now put on your slicker & rubbers, and get your arse out there and grill up some supper for Liz
icon_biggrin.gif

By golly Jim you do live in your own little world. WOW, your own exclusive Chicken farm, your own Great Lakes Distillery pumping out your favorite Vodka and Gin for Martini's, a great recipe from Bryan in your own BBQ forum and lots of compliments for your efforts from your own fans and admirers. WOW! Not bad my friend. A good wife (Liz), a WSM, some Tower Chicken, a little time on your hands and some creative ideas Hmmmmmmmm......Life is good. Just waiting for the balance of your post is going to be hard to do but I'm sure you'll do alright. You da' man. Bob B

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
Bob, what does Locavore mean?
icon_confused.gif

i dropped out of UW way back in '76
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wiki:
"The locavore movement is a movement in the United States and elsewhere that spawned as interest in sustainability and eco-consciousness become more prevalent. Those who are interested in eating food that is locally produced, not moved long distances to market, are called "locavores."

Don, It really is a great shot! Unfortunately, I can not claim credit for it. I grabbed it from GIS. Butt that's that place.
Now, the Bobs from the VWBulletBullitenBoard...
you guys are something else.
icon_smile.gif

I'll send you two airline tix someday to this Landing to give me the business in person.
Here are some photos half-way through... added a few fingerling potatoes and, on the side, gizzard - heart and liver (in foil) for Niner and Maddie.
This is certainly the best grilled chicken recipe and soo easy, even a caveman could make it.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thank you for viewing.
...and Bob & Bob, thanks guys!
icon_razz.gif

Looks great Jim. Love leg quarters. Just had a leftover one tonight of some Jerk I did on Sunday.

Ya wanna be careful whatcha wish for Jim - I'm the kind of guy that would probably take you up on something like that at the drop of a hat. Heck, St. Louis, MO is on the way and I could even stop by and pick up Bob Correll. In fact if you cooked the steaks I would buy them. And in January for our Anniversary I bought Del my wife, a new Cadillac SRX that needs to have a few miles put on it. lol. It would be fun to sit down with you and Bob C and share some adventure stories. I have a million of them from Alaska. In fact I had an article written about me in the Dec/Jan 2008 Special Edition Issue of Outdoor Life Magazine called "Rock Slide", (page 96). Oops, this is starting to sound like a Chat room. lol. Nice looking cook as usual. Bob B
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Thanks guys!
Jim, I haven't made Jerk chicken in years... Thanks for the idea
icon_smile.gif

Bobb, I'll get one of the 22s ready for those steaks, and I'll letcha know when the yard furniture is out and the temps climb abit.
icon_wink.gif

...and Mr. Correll, Modelo is not brewed in these parts, thought I'd throw ya a curve after you usin' those big fancy locavore words.
icon_biggrin.gif

Haven't heard of it Bob, sounds real interesting. I do not drink whiskey, however...
thanks for the link
icon_smile.gif

Back