a Quiet Smoke Day in Raymond

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
started with Saint Louie spares, a 3 pound slab of cured bacon and a two pound stick of buffalo sliced in half...

IMG_2417.JPG

a very good friend sent a box of sauces & rubs from his neck of the woods... Thank You Bob!

IMG_2424.JPG

for the bacon, using the snake method in the 18" WSM with hickory + apple wood

IMG_2425.JPG

tossed the buffalo sausage on too

IMG_2426.JPG

on the 22"WSM, one lonely rack of spares seasoned with Rufus Teague Meat rub

IMG_2430.JPG

both cookers chuggin' away...

IMG_2432.JPG

then tossed on a few shrimpies

IMG_2438.JPG

I removed the sausage from the WSM after two hours of smoke at 120º and sliced into it

IMG_2440.JPG

dammed good stuff! the smoke ADDS to the flavor very nicely...
the bacon was also removed from the Weber, submerged in ice water for 20 minutes or so,
then tossed into the freezer

IMG_2449.JPG

after a while, the ribs looked + felt pretty much done...

IMG_2446.JPG

opened a bottle of Rufus Whiskey Maple sauce, got out the Buffalo Trace and tried to get creative

IMG_2448.JPG

brushed a thin coat over the ribs and lett'um sit for another 30 minutes or so

IMG_2450.JPG

IMG_2451.JPG

and when they were completely done, we took'm inside and ate'm all up

IMG_2452.JPG

sorry, no plated photos of the ribs or the corn that was roasted on the 26"OTG...
I do got this two closin' snapshots for ya tho'...
a little Roaring Dan Milwaukee Rum and a quiet end to the day in front of a hickory fire.

IMG_2439.JPG

IMG_2456.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

Thanks for stoppin' by!

Everything looks A-1, but I especially love to see folks make their own bacon. Got a few pounds of it curing in the fridge as we speak, er, type.

Whiskey River don't run dry
You're all I've got, take care of me

Lots of meatilicious happenings going on for a quiet Smoke Day, and everything looks quite wonderful!!

Looks like a terrific day Jim - quiet or loud that's a "everyone's happy" result with the food, the libations and the fire...

Nice smoke day in Raymond! Looks like you made a day out of it with the dual smokers going! Great finale with the fire pit rolling!

Looks like fun Jim!! Way to do it up right!!

Fantastic bacon/sausage/ribs! Your materials look sooooo perfectly before / after smoking.
Are you a precise man Jim.

Back