my 5th smoke day pics...

Glenn Fleming

TVWBB Fan
here ya go.. 10lb choice brisket from the Krog rubbed and ready too go
on the smoker 6am, got off too a late start because of the sprinklers in common area
jalepeno cornbread in the meantime
temp was 188 in point but way too low in flat, but i ran outta time after ten hours, used rancher briquettes peach and oak, just a tuff ole brisket, here are the first slicesand the first plate with baked beans..great smoke day other than the brisket not being what i had hope for, but hey its just BBQ right??? Glenn in SC

Did you foil? Sometimes when I am running out of time I will foil it and cook it to temp. Not ideal for the barl but it gets the job done. Looks good though!

i did foil and then let it rest, just needed too start earlier thanx for the nice comments.. cornbread from wiviott book..
1 1/2 cups ap flour
1/2 cup yellow cornbread mix
2 table sugar
1 table baking powder
1 teas kosher.. used a little more
2 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1 stick butter
1 cup sharp extra sharp cheddar
2 green onions chopped reserved 2 table spoons
2 chopped jalepenos
15oz can whole kernal can
25 minutes 350 in cast iron, although i think it needs too be a higher temp and a little longer too cook all the way thru.. sprinke half the cheddar and 2 tablespoons of onions on top.. thanx all have a great memorial day wathcing LAX championship wish the HEELS were in it.. glenn in SC

Glenn, Nice work!

Thanks for the corn bread recipe. One question...is the cast iron pan pre heated and you pour in the batter or do you just put the unheated pan with batter into the oven?

Glenn, Nice work!

Thanks for the corn bread recipe. One question...is the cast iron pan pre heated and you pour in the batter or do you just put the unheated pan with batter into the oven?

i preheated with canola oil, he suggests using butter which u can do.. the only problem with the recipe is there is a lotta moisture so it takes time too get firm, but it is good.. i used the 9inch lodge, but u could us the next size which would quiken the time..thanx glenn in SC

Back