Burner Tube Maintenance

I use a wooden skewer to unclog any holes that looked gunked up that way I can be sure not to enlarge the holes accidentally. It's also very easy to take the burner out and I use my rifle cleaning rod to run some dry patches through the tubes as far as I can.

I have had my Q220 for 5 years.
The only thing that I do to my burner is to give it a brush with my weber triangular brass brush once in a while. I have had no issues with clogged holes during that time. My Q220 is used at least twice a week.

Cheers

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Hartcher:
I have had my Q220 for 5 years.
The only thing that I do to my burner is to give it a brush with my weber triangular brass brush once in a while. I have had no issues with clogged holes during that time. My Q220 is used at least twice a week.

Cheers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Phil the only time I had some holes get gunked up was when I scrubbed over it with scrub brush that I was using on the cook box and got some grease in the holes. That's when I used to skewer to clean them out, and ran a patch up inside to make sure it was clear in there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Phil the only time I had some holes get gunked up was when I scrubbed over it with scrub brush that I was using on the cook box and got some grease in the holes. That's when I used to skewer to clean them out, and ran a patch up inside to make sure it was clear in there.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aha the old clean the burner tube with the dirty brush trick. Gets them every time.

Cheers

Phil, I have a question about the burner tubes on my Q320, the tubes have 'slits' in the tube at a couple of locations. It looks like they were manufactured that way so I don't think it's a defect but was wondering what the purpose of them are. When the burners are lit those slits emit a rather large flame that is largely yellow which is very different from the normal orifices. The center burner has one slit at the end of it, and the perimeter burner has two or three of these slits. Just curious about them.

I find accidentally leaving it on when you plan on cleaning it down and the other half rings you at work asking "did you mean to leave the weber running" !!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ken_K:
Phil, I have a question about the burner tubes on my Q320, the tubes have 'slits' in the tube at a couple of locations. It looks like they were manufactured that way so I don't think it's a defect but was wondering what the purpose of them are. When the burners are lit those slits emit a rather large flame that is largely yellow which is very different from the normal orifices. The center burner has one slit at the end of it, and the perimeter burner has two or three of these slits. Just curious about them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry mate I have been busy and haven't looked in. (Actually I have been playing with my new Traeger Pellet Grill)
The slots are to provide a balanced flow of gas and even gas pressure.

Cheers

Back