Smoke Day Ribs

BradH

TVWBB Member
Smoke Day 2013 Ribs and smoked Mac & Cheese in a very windy Hershey, PA. I was a little scared today when I fired up the smoker...we had 26 MPH winds all day so I figured my temperature would be all over the place. I locked in at 225 and it did not waver for 5 hours! So we got some pretty good food out of Smoke Day. We also did some ABT's, and onion potatoes, but I apparently did not get a picture. Maybe next year I will do less drinking and take more pictures (probably not)!

This holiday is a little like adult Christmas, and we can celebrate all year long. :wsm:

Onion potatoes...real simple. Slice up some potatoes, throw them in a pan with some butter and a package of Knorr/Lipton Onion soup mix (the dry power stuff) sprinkled over top. Put the pan on the grill and cook them on medium-high for 20-30 minutes. People tend to fight for the burnt ones on the bottom.

I'll have to give those potatoes a shot. Man so many recipes to try so few days in the year to cook them on.

Those Ribs look delicious. I'm going to try your onion potatoes too. looks like an easy side to go with ribs.

Back