Smoke day going well?

Dave S

TVWBB Super Fan
I would think we are all well into our smoke day and probably some people eating already, how have things been going? Weather problems, wind, rain, or just problems with prep and timing. I had to shade the smoker as it was very sunny and hot here and a pretty good breeze, but the smoke is going good, I just put my beans and ABT's on and had a huge temp drop but since has recovered, ready to foil ribs now and get ready for glaze soon. Pics of my whole day will follow.

Hope everyone is having a great smoke day #9, I know I am

Later my friends
Dave

P.S. It's been going so smooth I even had time to give the dog a bath

It's going great. Pork butt is looking good. Weather is good.

And...IT'S BEER O'CLOCK

null_zpsaba3d302.jpg

Smoke Day is going great. Was off on what time I needed to start to have dinner by 5. Will be around 6 now. Got some baby backs going...about to foil them. ABT's going. Just put on some Hot Italian Sausage. The last thing will be the beans. Its been a good day. Wish the sun would show up though.

Mike I lived in IL for 11 years I can understand how the weather can be this time of year, sorry to say I don't miss it. ready to glaze and shut down the smoker in a few minutes

Clint that glass of beer looks a whole lot better then my Coors lite, but what the hey, it's smoke day, friends, family, and que

All good in Vegas, butts coming along, ABTs and fatty on and Lite is going down smooth.

An up and down Smoke Day for me. The up: successfully made lamb shanks. I've braised them all winter long (mighty deliciously, I might add!). I decided to try smoking them. Trimmed them last night, made a basic rub of salt, sugar, paprika, garlic, onion powder, cayenne, black pepper, rubbed the shanks and put the in the fridge overnight. Smoked them today--about 3 to 3.5 hrs, then foiled with a chicken stock- rub mixture for another two hours. Meat fell off the bone. Very tasty.

The down: I ONLY MADE FOUR OF THEM! And my BF took two home with him (his reward for designing my office and putting the furniture together). One thing's for sure--I'm buying a bunch of lamb shanks at next week's farmers market.

I'm calling this one a success!

I have yet to smoke lamb. Thanks for inspiring me Petra, they sound delicious!!

An up and down Smoke Day for me. The up: successfully made lamb shanks. I've braised them all winter long (mighty deliciously, I might add!). I decided to try smoking them. Trimmed them last night, made a basic rub of salt, sugar, paprika, garlic, onion powder, cayenne, black pepper, rubbed the shanks and put the in the fridge overnight. Smoked them today--about 3 to 3.5 hrs, then foiled with a chicken stock- rub mixture for another two hours. Meat fell off the bone. Very tasty.

The down: I ONLY MADE FOUR OF THEM! And my BF took two home with him (his reward for designing my office and putting the furniture together). One thing's for sure--I'm buying a bunch of lamb shanks at next week's farmers market.

I'm calling this one a success!

Done, everything went better than expected, the ABT's were a little dark, cinda black but EXCELLENT, major hot, must of got good peppers, all in all what a great day, I will post pics tomorrow as today has been too many beers, too much fun and still spending time with good people.
Hope you all enjoyed this day as much as I did

Dave

I usually smoke overnight so the butt went on at about 9PM tonight (a little less than an hour ago). The smoker's really responsive tonight -- twice the smoker temp has reversed direction in response to throttling down the vents. Once at 205 and again at 240. Hopefully I can get a steady temp in the 225-250 range and get some shuteye.

A dual remote thermometer is a great thing...

Back