Non-traditional accessories

Don Fry

TVWBB Super Fan
A lot of us use what I guess you would call non-traditional things together with our Weber kettles such as fire bricks and cast iron cookware. I never recall you ever mentioning use of those type items in your blog but I may have missed it. Do you have any particular opinions on any of those items? Do you use them in your own cooking?

Personally, although I use it, I am not a big user of cast iron cookware on the grill, but I do use fire bricks for lots of applications both within and on top of the grills. I also cook a lot of sides and desserts in stoneware casserole dishes set on top of the fire bricks.

Don,
Great questions. Yes, I have used many non traditional accessories inside my grills and smokers. The thing I love is experimenting with new "toys' and perfecting ways in which we can use these on our grills. One thing you need to know is that unless it is a Weber accessory you will not see it used on my blog. I am sure you can appreciate that not all grills, smokers and accessories are created equally. I would hate to offer someone tips on using a product (non Weber) meaning it did not go through our extensive product testing and have something happen either to them or the grill. There is a lot of genius behind what we do as a brand over 60 years of legendary grilling to be specific and making sure our consumers are using the best quality products is one major component. Not everything is created equally and unless it has a Weber name on it, I do not like using it on our grills.

I hope you can appreciate where I come from.

Kk

Back