My first smoke with my mini

J Sprecher

i finished putting the mini together last saturday and have since completed two smokes on it. I did ribs both times. here is a couple pics. one of the smoker in action, one of the ribs after the third hour (i think) and then the final product. i have a couple quirks to work out but i have already received some very helpful input in my other thread (about the charcoal ring).

I only put one rack in this one and i use a metal cake pan as the diffuser. I might buy another pot and set that one up for two racks.

hm. i guess i cant post attachments just yet. lets try it this way...

20130518_162726.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130518_193249.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20130518_222424.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Im used to other forums where they have a button to directly upload pictures versus this one where it made me use a photobucket link.

Yea i'll have to get something for that. I was too excited to get it running and forgot about that. im not too worried about it. I was thinking about getting one of those grill mats from Lowes but i dont feel like paying $30 for one!

Thanks Tony, they really turned out great! i couldnt believe how good they were. I used the magic dust (?) dry rub that i found on the virtual weber bullet website. it was good but it did have some spice to it. I loved it but my wife has absolutely zero tolerance for anything spicy. she did try them and liked the flavor of the meat she just didnt like the seasoning.

Nice ribs there!
I'm finding that the mini is such a versatile cooker that I'm using it more often than any other cooker, especially as I'm able to change its configuration from a simple grill to a mini-wsm, and to a midi-wsm, depending on what I'm cooking that day.

Thanks George!
They really are great tools to use. and of course the customization that can be done, at a cheap price, is probably the best feature.

Back