Display showing obsecure characters

G Graff

All,

Greetings! My Linkmeter with Raspberry PI was working great. Fired it up this morning and everything was great. Later when I looked at the meter, the LCD was displaying weird characters. Any idea what the issue is. The web browser and controller are working fine, just the display is messed up.

Thanks.

Greg

All,

Greetings! My Linkmeter with Raspberry PI was working great. Fired it up this morning and everything was great. Later when I looked at the meter, the LCD was displaying weird characters. Any idea what the issue is. The web browser and controller are working fine, just the display is messed up.

Thanks.

Greg

Shot in the dark: if it's the "^" character, it means you fan is set to manual mode.

The olde v3.1 design had this flaw where it would end up with the text getting all garbled (and eventually it would go back to normal). Since the v3.2 and above designs (hardware target "B") I haven't had it occur ever, and I walk by my HeaterMeter and look at it nearly every day so I think I'd notice. Does the "Reboot AVR" from the LinkMeter -> Configuration page fix it when it happens?

Back