Turkey Burgers

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I tried to make a healthy dinner tonight. Turkey burgers was on my menu. Here are my ingridients.

Turkey patties lightly seasoned with webers kickin chicken

Getting the grill ready..

Grilled a little corn..

and this zuchinni.

this were pre made patties from jenni-o

Buns were toasted on the grill

Ready to eat and assembled with all my ingridients with 2 pickle slices and ketchup,mustard.

They were so good and my wife and kids want more for next week!!

Looks awesome. Great job.

One problem that I have with ground turkey is trying to determine what you are getting when you buy it at the store. A lot of the ground turkey is actually higher in fat content than lean ground beef. I have never been able to figure out how to tell what you are actually getting. The attached article provides a pretty good discussion on this topic.

http://www.drgourmet.com/askdrgourmet/turkeyvbeef.shtml#.UZQqurWG2So

One problem that I have with ground turkey is trying to determine what you are getting when you buy it at the store. A lot of the ground turkey is actually higher in fat content than lean ground beef. I have never been able to figure out how to tell what you are actually getting. The attached article provides a pretty good discussion on this topic.

Thanks Don.

I buy 93/7 from Costco, it is extremely difficult to grill due to the lack of fat, I have a set of Brad Barrett's GrillGrates that help a lot, keeps then together without sticking.

The article reference ground turkey breast, I did that once, it was like cardboard, aweful

You have a great dish,
I think it will make my body more fat if I will try to make this for myself..Anyway you have a great work done..
Where did you find this dish? Had you any visit for Turkey..?

I also use 93/7 turkey for my burgers. However, I add 3 or 4 minced mushrooms (minced in food processor) to the mixture along with salt, pepper, some ketchup, and Worchestershire sauce. I make the patties and put them in the refrig for about 30 minutes before grilling. The mushroom mixture helps bind the meat and also helps with moisture content.
Ray

I also use 93/7 turkey for my burgers. However, I add 3 or 4 minced mushrooms (minced in food processor) to the mixture along with salt, pepper, some ketchup, and Worchestershire sauce. I make the patties and put them in the refrig for about 30 minutes before grilling. The mushroom mixture helps bind the meat and also helps with moisture content.
Ray

A teaspoon of olive oil helps out quite a bit.

Back