Strawberry Margarita

Len Dennis

TVWBB Diamond Member
I subscribe to (one of many) food and drink sites and this was a recent mail out:

INGREDIENTS (4-5 drinks--depends on the size of your glass ;) )
3/4 pounds strawberries (fresh or frozen)
4 ounces silver tequila (I use better stuff when I don't mix fruit in)
3 ounces Simple Syrup (2:1 sugar to -hot- water stir till the sugar melts; cool then use. Store in fridge for weeks (if it lasts that long) )
2 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 3-4 medium limes)--I squeezed mine out of the green Limeade bulb)
1 ounces triple sec orange liqueur (or Cointreau; again, I use the cheap stuff like Triple Sec in these fruity drinks)
1/16 teaspoon fine salt (so little is used I just used a smidge of table salt)
1 1/2 cups ice

INSTRUCTIONS

Place all of the ingredients except the ice in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add the ice and again, blend on high until smooth. Serve immediately.

I did this for Mother's (wife's) day yesterday. I certainly enjoyed drinking this although I'm not a "fruit in the drink" kind of guy. It does not turn out like a slushy. The ice once chopped melts quite quickly and unless you come across an unchopped piece, you'd never know there was ice in it.

For the purist:

4 1/2 oz Hornito Tequila (3 shots)
3 oz Cointreau (2 shots)
2 oz squeezed lime juice (1 shot)

or 3:2:1 ratio

Shake in a cocktail shaker with 4-5 ice cubes for a minute or so (I have to put a hand towel around the shaker, it gets so cold).
Pour.
I don't care for salted rims but to each his own.

Makes 2 drinks.

I have also subbed in Grand Marnier for the Cointreau. It's great too but because of the brandy, I prefer the Cointreau--pure unadulterated orange.

Last edited:

Back