Red Weber Q 220

Jon R

TVWBB Fan
As the topic says, I saw an ad for a Red Q 220. The guy says it has brand new grates (the movers lost his old grate so he bought new but hasn't used it yet). He says it is still under the Weber 2 year warranty. It comes with the rolling cart but no cover. It also comes with a set of 10 extra drip pans. I'm going to look at it later this afternoon. I've seen some of them going for as low as $50, but he wants $200 for it with the cart. I think that is a bit high but wanted to see what others think a fair price would be. Are the Red ones rare? Most of the ones I see on the web are the beige color. Are the red ones older models or something?

Also what should I look at to make sure it's working ok? Just make sure it lights, check for cracks etc?

I am looking for one to replace my very old Char Broil gasser that hardly gets used and is taking up a lot of room on my small patio, along with my WSM and Performer. I use the WSM and Performer fairly often (so I don't consider them to be taking up room, although my wife may disagree) but I'm looking for something to use when I'm in too much of a hurry for charcoal but don't feel like cooking meat inside on our electric stove or oven.

Thanks in advance..
Jon

I paid $159 for my Red Q 220 about a year ago from Ace Hardware Closeouts on eBay. The cart was another $49 bucks so I'm in for $210. I would thing your price should be less than this since it is a used product.

That being said, the Q220 is one killer little gas grill. I'm a charcoal guy, but I use it to cook dinner on a weeknight at least once a week. I am a huge fan of this grill. It's very versatile, the cast iron grates are great for impressive grill marks, the temps are easy to control and the gas use is miserly.

Pat

thats a for new price. as pat said the red ones were going for 169.00 and thats what i paid for mine. got my cart for 13.oo . the reds were a short earlier year run. didn't seem to sell thus the price. if the red is not a big issue then i would pass. yes, make sure it operates correctly. get yer own thin blue container just incase.

Thanks for the replies. The seller emailed me back saying it's not working anymore and he thinks it's the regulator. He said he is going to get it fixed and relist it.

What is a thin blue container?

bernzomatic propane cylinder. couldn't think of the name at the time. future problem is that bernzomatic looks like they are going to the fatter ones. i modified the bracket for the fatter cheaper ones anyway. i already think you might need to forget this one. guys loopy.

Back