Pot question

Matt I

TVWBB Member
So, i was looking on amazon for the Visconia and i see where it is 13.8" in diameter but the weber smokey joe is 14.5" in diameter, does this cause any fitting issues? I am looking at a mini build but just want to verify the pot is correct. Besides the Visconia or the Imusa, does anyone know of any other pots that are good? Or, am i thinking to much into this.

Thanks in advance.

I recently built a mini using the visconia pot from amazon and it worked flawlessly. I just checked the dimensions on it and it is 13.8" inside diameter. The outer dimension of the top lip is right at 14.5"

there are perfectly good ones under differant names. but mostly in mexican stores. if you have any nearby go check them out.

Alright Amazon order has been placed (SJ Silver, Vasconia, and Thermometer). Come on delivery, this will be a nice addition to the 22 WSM and Performer Platinum. Looking forward to tinkering.

I just re-assembled mine today after finishing the paint job last week. The paint still needs to cure for a few more days but I'm super excited to try it out!! I think its going to be a great addition to my 22.5" WSM and decent sized gasser. I cant wait to hear and see how yours turns out! Good luck with the build.

Well everything arrived this evening from Amazon. now to hunt down some stainless steel fasteners. I am not a big fan of Home Depot or Lowes. I am hoping my local hardware store has some or will have to make a trip to a marine supplier. To paint or not to paint that is the question. The weather is looking good for this weekend. I try to work from home on Fridays but tomorrow will not work I need to be in Winston Salem for most of the morning. For some reason i don't travel to eastern NC as much anymore. i need some good eastern NC BBQ, but that is another story for another time. My goal for this weekend is to get the smoke flowing with the Budweiser. I am thinking of the WSM on Saturday, and the performer with the mini if i get it complete on Sunday. I am not sure if Sunday, my wife will enjoy me cooking all day and watching the players in the afternoon.

I would post pictures of my build but i am not that tech savvy.

Back