Massachussets > Wrentham: Commonwealth BBQ

John Osmond

TVWBB Member
Owner: Christopher Vieira
Commonwealth BBQ
659 South Street
Wrentham, MA 02093
http://www.commonwealthbbq.com

During a recent trip to Boston, I stopped for gas late one night. As soon as the door opened, I could smell the pure elixir of smoke coming through the air and I was hungry. I instantly spun around and directly across the street was Commonwealth BBQ. It looks like an old walkup drivein and is right off I-495, south of Boston. I had found my traveling paradise.

We got the Wampum Sampler and were not disappointed. It was for my wife and I, plus 2 young boys.

Wampum Sampler (for 2 to 3)
Every meat we have plus ½ rack
pork or beef ribs plus every side in the
house, and cornbread​

ImageGalleryHandler.ashx

Not the greatest photo, but it'l do

There were 3 pump dispensers outside the order window, with 3 different sauces. 1 sweet, 1 vinegar, and 1 yellow mustard based. All good but we liked the Sweet the best. Everything was good, and we also liked the sides. All in all, it was a great stop. Even the boss man was happy to come out from behind the window and talk BBQ with a weary traveler such as I. It was well worth the stop.

Last edited:
This is a great place! Be warned there is no indoor seating only picnic tables and in the middle of the winter it can get cold sitting there, but it is worth it.
The boss not only talks Q but gave me a tour of the kitchen and the pit, a really nice guy and some great Q

Back