Tenderloin steaks

John Leopard

TVWBB Member
I have 3 leftover tenderloin steaks (some guests didn't show.) They're cooked medium rare.

I'm thinking about making some tacos or chili with them so my question is would you slice the steaks thinly or cook a little more and shred the meat?

Anyone with any ideas?
thanks

GEAUX SAINTS

I typically use leftover steak in fajitas or soft tacos.

I'll saute' onion/peppers/whatever until almost done and add the sliced steak or chicken (sliced thin, fajita style) at the end, just leaving it on long enough to reheat the meat, but not overcook it.

I'll throw in some garlic/taco seasoning/chipolte pepper/Frank's Hot Sauce or something like that for flavor and serve in a soft taco shell or burrito with some fresh lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream/guac.

I'm with Dwayne on this one. If I have leftover cuts like tenderloin, I love them in tacos, because you can make a mean carne asada with VERY little work. I do the peppers and onions too, until they are pretty much done, and then I slice the meat thin, add a little salt and garlic powder and cook it super hot and super fast, just to heat it up really, and then have some super tasty tacos.

Back