Where to get a steamer pot?

Matthew Neuman

First post - long time reader. I've got a sudden urge to build a mini but I've hit a wall. There are no Vasconia pots available on Amazon and the only Imusa pot I can get is by ordering from Target sight unseen. What is my best course of action? I finally decide to pull the trigger and now the pots are no longer available??? Are there no other options? Help!

I used the Imusa pot from Target. The local store had one on the shelf and I grabbed it. The rim was a hair too big, but I corrected that in less than 2 minutes.
Since I'm a woodworker by trade, I have a ton of these clamps at my disposal. I simply went around the perimeter and gave the rolled edge a light squeeze to tighten it up a bit. Worked perfectly. I've seen where other guys have used vice grips and chewed the crap out of the pot. This left it nice and smooth. I'd like to get my hands on a Vasconia to see what makes it better, but the Imusa was just fine and I wouldn't hesitate to use it again.

bessey-clamps-TG.jpg

Thanks for the replies! One of the Vasconia pots showed up on Amazon under the used section, fulfilled by Amazon in "Used good condition - damage to packaging". Figured I would roll the dice and return it if not as described. Seems as though the Vasconia is a guaranteed fit? I'll let you know what happens - my Vasconia and Smokey Joe Gold are scheduled for delivery tomorrow! (fingers crossed)

UPDATE! Got my Vasconia pot today that Amazon had listed as "Used - like new condition". Unfortunately it had a giant dent in the bottom. Back to Amazon it goes! I was able to test fit the lid though - couldn't be more perfect! Unfortunately due to the dent I couldn't really test the bottom fit. I guess I'll be waiting for Amazon to start selling these again.... :(

I pulled the trigger on another "Used, like new" Vasconia from Amazon. Will be here Friday - we'll see how that turns out. Being a Prime member has a few advantages....

Back