Ontario > Toronto: Barque Smokehouse

MattP

TVWBB Super Fan
http://www.barque.ca/

Went for dinner in June of '12 while in town for a week. Simply great. It's a small'ish place that fills up pretty quickly at dinner time, so it's not a bad idea to call ahead and get a reservation.

There were just so many good options on the menu that my wife and I couldn't decide on just one thing, so thankfully they offer sampler platters. They appear to change the menu somewhat-frequently, because this is the second or third time I've noticed slight variations to the offerings from last summer.

Reading their blog (which hasn't been updated in a little over a year) is pretty neat, too-- sounds like the guy that opened the joint first spent a few months down in Oklahoma doing what I would almost call a "BBQ Residency" (to those of you familiar with the medical field), honing his skills before opening up the restaurant.

Not a problem. One thing I forgot to mention is that on Sunday nights I think they do dinner family style, rather than the normal menu they offer other nights.

They had a pretty decent beer menu, one of the better ones I ran across while in Toronto. Another nice touch-- when being seated we were offered regular water or sparkling water. Sparkling! I haven't had that as an option since I went to Germany years ago!

Back