Another AMIR praise and a request for him

Sean S

Amir,

Thank you for your work on the Stoker Log. Several people have teased me because I can sit and watch it draw a graph the whole time I've got meat on. It is a tremendously helpful sidekick to the Stoker.

I know you're tinkering around with the newest version and I'd like to throw another functionality request at you. Would it be possible to put an alarm on the Stability function? I realize that it is just the result of an algorithm deep inside the inner workings of StokerLog, but I've found stability to be a very useful tool in fire management. Having an alarm for when the Stoker has lost control of the fire would be quite helpful. Thanks for letting me bend your ear.

Once again, I sincerely appreciate everything you've done for the Stoker user community.

Thanks Sean.

That graph sure is addictive
icon_smile.gif

I must say though, I am shocked that anyone is looking at the stability stats let alone want it to do more! No one has said anything about the feature since I added even though I look at it all the time to know if I should mess with the vents or not.

I will put your request on the TODO list for next version.

Amir, if you use the feature to detect if the lid/door is open, doesn't that affect the stability stats? Or does it recalculate after the "resume cook" initiates after the 5 minute delay? I've noticed during the 5 minute time period the stability is really bad (even though I know the temp just got changed during the door being opened). But I've never really paid attention to what the stability shows later -- I guess I don't pay that much attention to it.

I can tell more from the fan graph if there is something wrong with the smoker. I built a Stump clone and seeing the fan going really strange usually let me know that I had a bridge in the chute -- way before the bridge actually affected the cook.

That's a good catch. The logic will keep on counting the error while the lid is open. So it will distort them somewhat.

I can add logic so that it ignores the stats during that interval.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
I can add logic so that it ignores the stats during that interval.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

COOL!! Thanks, Amir.

Back