Throwdown #12: Ribeye Steak

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
Chad M. has spoken! As winner of the last throwdown, it is his privilege to choose the next item for Throwdown #12...and he has chosen well...RIBEYE STEAK!

So start thinking about creative presentations for ribeye...boneless, bone-in, beautifully seared, delicious sides...I'm looking forward to some great looking meals!

Let's run this throwdown through Sunday, April 28.

Everyone is invited to participate. You can read the rules here.

Enjoy,
Chris

That's going to be tough. Grilled seems the only option. Maybe not? A good challenge Chad!
Might consider a combo of smoking and then grilling? Or one could grill directly on hot lump charcoal? Or one could grill over a blazing hot Weber chimney of charcoal. Just thinking outside the box...

Let me start by saying that I'm "going green" and I'd like to recycle this post from the Photo Gallery. It was an Easter cook for the fam, so I'm within the time frame. Maybe not a winner, but another entry couldn't hurt!

mom and dads Genesis silver C
IMG_20130331_165457_zps7f924cb2.jpg

nothing fancy... sea salt, pepper, garlic powder.
Boneless REs.
IMG_20130331_164656_zps9e163d57.jpg
IMG_20130331_164223_zps8cb86404.jpg

IMG_20130331_165310_zpsf451f9fb.jpg

IMG_20130331_165316_zps55898b61.jpg

If I'm out of order with this re-post, then just kick it to the trash.
Cheers!
-Joe

Seems legit to me, Joe. I saw you post this the other day and was hoping you'd put it up in the Throwdown. Looks good!

I think this will be my first post with an actual cooking shot, no plated pics :) Sam Summer is flowing ;)

The attendees. A bone-in Ribeye for me. A butterflied filet for the Mrs.

Ribeye%2520002.JPG

The stage, using my Performer and my second cook on my Craycort CI. I can't get my chimney in the so I remove the frame. Got my redhead waiting for the next cook.

Ribeye%2520004.JPG

I also added a couple of skewers with bacon wrapped scallops, mmmm. They are sizzling over the grate

Ribeye%2520005.JPG

I served this with some asparagus and brussel sprouts, sautéed in the skillet. Sorry no plated pics

Last edited:
I am thinking maybe a stir fry using ribeye if I can get my wok hot, or a sandwich even. That count in this comp or we wanting whole steak cuts and not a cut up ribeye?

I am thinking maybe a stir fry using ribeye if I can get my wok hot, or a sandwich even. That count in this comp or we wanting whole steak cuts and not a cut up ribeye?

As long as its a ribeye, why not.....................................d

Here is my entry!

Starts with a nice trimmed rib eye on the bone!

Got to have spuds with a steak,

And praws,

Some shrimp and scallop stuffed mushrooms and some corn on the cob. They all hit the smoker before the grill.

And you cant have scallops with out bacon!

Here is your plate!

Thanks for looking!

Edit: I can not believe I forgot the 'on the grill' pics lol Here they are!

And at the flip,

Last edited:
Oh my lol that's what happens when I post in a hurry I will add them ASAP

Edit: They have been added :)

Last edited:

In the spirit of this comment and since I didn't see an official response, I am throwing my hat into the ring for the first time. And since I don't have time to do another recipe in case we can't reconstitute the secret ingredient, I am at the mercy of the court. I'll post my cook from yesterday shortly.

Here is my post.

Ribeye burger with Gruyere, lemon aioli and crispy prosciutto.

Started with (2) 1/2 lb Angus ribeyes

Ground, added salt and formed into (2) 8oz patties

Then whipped up a quick lemon aioli

And the Mrs was craving Mac N Cheese, so why not.

before the burgers went on, I crisped up some prosciutto

Then went for the burgers and did a reverse sear (ignore the cheese dog)

And plated! Added a drizzle of sriracha

It was a very nice combination in both texture and flavor.

Very nice Chris, bet that was one tasteeeeeeee burger, I mean, who gives you hamburger from ribeye these days....................d

Chris I bet that was one awesome burger! Wonderful entry although I won't lie..I almost cried a bit to see those steaks go into the grinder!

Great post!

Back