Heatermeter Parts

DylanNC

TVWBB Member
Having problems locating one of the resistors (MF1/4DC6800F) on the parts list. It is backordered through Mouser for approximately 5 weeks. Anyone know where I may be able to order one and get it sooner.

This is a 1/4 watt, 680 ohm 1% resistor. You can probably find one at Radio Shack, they are fairly common.

dave

Yeah any 680ohm resistor, carbon film or metal film, 1/8w or 1/4w, and just about any tolerance 0.1% - 10% works for a replacement. Mouser has a majillion compatible parts, or Radio Shack probably has one.

Does anyone have a suggested replacement for the DC/DC converter (IC1, p/n OKI-78SR-5/1.5-W36H-C)? It's out of stock at Mouser, Digikey & Newark. Thanks for any suggestions.

I think I answered my own question. There is an alternate part at Mouser (p/n OKI-78SR-5/1.5-W36-C) that looks exactly like the the original, except the 3 pins are bent 90 deg rather than straight up. I think it will work.

You got it, the other is Vertical vs the recommended Horizontal part. The pins can be bent to accommodate the placement in the HeaterMeter PCB. This is one of those "must have" parts that there's not a replacement for so we're kind of screwed when they're out of stock. I've got a HeaterMeter PCB on order from OSH Park because I want to test if we can get away with using a standard LM7805 with no heatsink on a Model A (and save a few bucks in the process).

Back