Alarm Scripts for Dummies

J. Galford

Greetings,

Any information out there for "Alarm Scripts for Dummies"? I've built and tested the HeatMeter 4.0, works fantastic, but the alarm scripts have me stumped..... completely stumped..... :confused:

I've read the alarm page on Bryan's web site, but I'm still confused as hell. Maybe someone can post their script so I can study it.

I'm looking for a script(s) which does the following:

(A) Alarm goes off & sends an email when the Pit temp is either under/over temp by a certain number of degrees.
(B) Alarm goes off & send email when food probe(s) reach a certain temp.
(C) Once food probe temp is reached, pit temp is ramped down to say 100 deg.

Can you help?

Thanks so very much....

Jeff

Last edited:
I'd comment but I thought the wiki page was already alarm scripts for dummies. Just:
-- Make sure you have the smtp configuration package under Services -> SMTP Client (if you don't have a "Services" tab, you don't have the package)
-- If you don't install it from the System -> Software page by pasting the package url into where it says to.
-- Set up your email settings in the smtp configuration
-- On the LinkMeter -> Alarm Scripts page, paste the parts of the scripts you want to run into the boxes for the probes you want them to run for. Note that the first line of every script MUST be #!/bin/sh
-- Check the checkbox that says "Execute on alarm" for the scripts you want to run
-- Save
-- On the LinkMeter -> Configuration page set your alarm limits and save

Back