Alarm Question

MattBarga

I've got my 2 favorite alarm scripts running flawlessly thanks to Bryan and all.

1) Texts my phone with any alarm
2) Turn down setpoint to 100 after Probe 1 reaches desired temp.

The one thing I've noticed about both, is that the default script runs that includes the command to re-set the alarm and the alarm & buzzer goes off on the HMPI.

My concern is when I'm smoking something at home, and may be working out in the yard and not have my phone to get the text. Unless I went and looked at the display, I wouldnt know an alarm had happened or is happening without grabbing my phone.

Is there a way to have the buzzer ring for a fixed period of time (say 5 minutes max) or until someone toggles it off on the HMPI to acknowledge the alarm by entering the menu or something like that? Has anyone developed a script to do something like this?

Just an idea, not a requirement.

Matt

Not a bad idea, but stopping the ringing clears all the indicators (audio / visual). You could just leave it ringing, is there any harm in beeping?

Would pressing the physical button on the HeaterMeter be the only way to actually clear an alarm status?

I've got my 2 favorite alarm scripts running flawlessly thanks to Bryan and all.

1) Texts my phone with any alarm
2) Turn down setpoint to 100 after Probe 1 reaches desired temp.

The one thing I've noticed about both, is that the default script runs that includes the command to re-set the alarm and the alarm & buzzer goes off on the HMPI.

My concern is when I'm smoking something at home, and may be working out in the yard and not have my phone to get the text. Unless I went and looked at the display, I wouldnt know an alarm had happened or is happening without grabbing my phone.

Is there a way to have the buzzer ring for a fixed period of time (say 5 minutes max) or until someone toggles it off on the HMPI to acknowledge the alarm by entering the menu or something like that? Has anyone developed a script to do something like this?

Just an idea, not a requirement.

Matt

I don´t know if this is what you are looking for. In my script I have a sleep 5 command which keeps the alarm ringing for 5 seconds until it turns it to ring again if re-armed.
Maybe you could try it with sleep 300 (for 5 minutes).
I only tested it with sleep 5 and sleep 10 and both worked for me.

#!/bin/sh
sendmail mailadress << EOF
#text to send
EOF
sleep 5
al_set 0

Back