New Heatmeter 4.0 Up & Running. A few questions

MattBarga

Bryan & All--Many thanks for your help. I have my HM 4.0 up and running. WiFi configured. So far, so good. Only a few questions:

1) My HM reads probe 3 at 258 degrees. This is the probe with the thermistor. It's actually 75 deg. When I plug a probe into the socket, it reads correctly. Any idea why its reading 258 deg? I rechecked the package. I have a 10k OHM 1% Vishay Thermistor NTC. Blue bulb to it. It is auto recognizing the probe, just not the right temperature and recognizing it as ambient.

2) I read on another post about editing the HTM file. I want to make a few changes:
a) Change background to black and blower text to white
b) Change 'Current' as in Current Pit Temp to 'Barga's BBQ' Is that possible?

And forgive my ignorance here, but the other person listed /usr/lib/lua/luci/view/linkmeter/index.htm

But I'm a bit of a NOOB on HTML. How do I open that HTML file? IP address first? Open it in a text editor? A little help here would be great.

Appreciate all the help. Thanks in advance.

Matt

One other question. I did not take the RCA off of the rpi. But the rpi doesn't sit flush/all the way down in the mating connector. The rca on rpi bottoms out on the hm board. I think. Is this the way it's supposed to be?

Hopefully I can help you, in the configuration screen of the heatermeter you have to select the correct preset for the Vishay to display the correct temperature. As for question 2, you'd have to ssh into your rpi and use something like Vi to edit that file (don't know if it is standard installed).
I removed the RCA connector from the rpi, otherwise it wouldn't fit in the 3D printed case.

Ivo

Thank you. I took off the RCA. Much better fit. And fixed the ambient temperature issue.

Now if someone could point me to a web page or a step by step to SSH (no clue how to do that) ill be good.

Thanks again.

Matt

Back