Good butcher south of Boston?

Tom Hubbard

Anyone know a good butcher south of Boston (Braintree/Quincy area)? Having a hard time consistently finding good butt, brisket etc. Any idea appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom

Hey Tom,

Try either Prevites in Weymouth on Rt 53 or Crocetti's on Pleasant Street in
East Bridgewater. Both are good Butcher shops. Hope this helps

I buy them at Costco. They come two shoulders per pack.

Most Costco's around Boston do not keep them out, so you have to ask them in the meat dept. for them. Excellent price too.

There's always Whole Foods too. They are 3x the price of Costco and I have not noticed any difference in flavor once they come off the WSM.

I use cochettis for whole pigs. I buy a lot from Costco and also Stop and Shop (believe it or not). I should give Cochettis a shot for other meats.

Try to see if there is a butcher shop called "The Meat House" i'm in Maine on Vac. and they are awesome $$$ but great. I believe they have them along the Northeast.

I use Crocetti's (Oakdale Packing) and Costco's. I buy my brisket at Crocetti's and butt and ribs at Costco's. Both Crocetti's and Costco's only carry boneless butts in cryovac and Coctco's is cheaper. If I want a bone in butt, I usually order from Stop & Shop or Roche Bros. for the same price per pound as Crocetti's.

Back